SUPPORT SMS by Getting Involved.
To make great musicians, Summer Music on the Shannon needs great friends.
Summer Music on the Shannon (SMS) is developing,
in Ireland, a classical summer music school and festival with the highest international standards
of performance and teaching, and with no barriers to admission based on age, level of ability or
SMS is an extraordinary organization which dares to dream of the
role great music, and of those who make it, play in building a better tomorrow.
Although SMS has had remarkable success in meeting the yearly challenges facing
a not-for-profit organization, it needs to develop a strong volunteer base in order to meet the
increasing demands of continuing to develop SMS into a world-class summer school and
You can make your mark to shape SMS's future by volunteering your time, sharing
your expertise, learning new skills and benefiting your community. You will have opportunities for
networking and to actively influence the work of SMS. Volunteering is about more than
money and is FREE!!
10 Ways To Get Involved With SMS
- Sign-up to this summer’s SMS programmes! Have fun learning new skills and improving old
ones by joining in the music-making with students and faculty from Ireland and abroad.
- Start spreading the word! (to friends, family members, youth orchestras, teachers, school music
directors, everyone) that SMS is Ireland’s foremost classical summer music school and festival and
includes all symphonic instruments (strings, winds, brass, percussion, and piano)! Send e-mails, forward
our newsletters, direct friends and family members to our facebook and website, attend our events in
Counties Clare and Limerick!
- Become a Student Supervisor! Supervisors for students during school break periods, for under-age
students staying in accommodation and for students travelling by public transport are needed during the
School and Festival.
- Share your expertise by becoming an SMS Administrator! SMS needs administrative
support in marketing, fundraising, promotion and IT, both before and during the School and Festival.
- Help out with Raffles! Raffles are held at SMS concerts throughout the Festival, and raffle prizes
and raffle ticket sellers are needed.
- Distribute Brochures and Flyers! to local schools, orchestras, libraries, everywhere.
- LIKE our Summer Music on the Shannon (SMS) FaceBook
Page! We post LOTS of great stuff on our FaceBook Page regularly! Check back often for updates and
- Become a SMS "Member"! You and your family will receive regular updates on upcoming
SMS events, exciting concerts in your area and around the country, and discounts to SMS
events and more.
- Buy or Sell an Advertisement in our SMS Programme Book! 500 Printed A4 Programmes
for 19 events — Festival Concerts and Opera — 1st August to 8th August, with
performances in Counties Clare and Limerick.
- Contact SMS with your ideas and suggestions!